Welcome!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Open House

Welcome to Omi's Cottage!


The outside of our house all lit up and ready to welcome visitors.



The front entry table...All decked out for the holidays......



I so enjoy passing by the livingroom mirror and seeing the reflection of the tree, so pretty!



I'm madly in love with My vintage Santa. He holds many wonderful childhood memories for me. He belonged to my Maternal Grandpa. My Grandpa just loved this little guy! He would turn it on and watch it walk around his living room...I now use it to wake my girls up on Christmas morning.


Isn't this little oil lamp so cute....It also belonged to my Maternal Grandparents. I so enjoy lighting it during the holidays in remembrance of them. =)




Did you know Christmas villages originated in the traditions of the Pennsylvania Dutch... So glad they have kept the tradition going, as our Christmas village is a favorite at our house.


Our youngest daughter looks forward to setting up the village every year..She always does an amazing job!



My favorite part of the village, is the church! The windows all lit up and ready to greet the Congregation for Christmas Services. So much fun!




We will end with the Christmas Nativity. This Nativity is the one my husband grew up with. I so enjoy setting it up every season. I know it must bring back fond Christmas memories for him. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment