Welcome!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My New Sewing Room

I now have my own sewing room, woohoo! This room originally was my youngest daughter's bedroom. It is a small room, and she was ready for more space. We ended up switching bedrooms around, and I took over the empty space. My goal was to be able to decorate it by shopping our house. I did not want to have to go out and purchase anything. I did just that, shopped the house.


Before...

I wanted to keep the room light and airy, so the cream color on the walls would stay. Every room needs a little "POP" of color! I created an accent wall, by painting it blue...Using leftover paint from a previous project.


After...






This wonderful cabinet originally belonged to my Aunt Rubye.

Rubye passed away a few years back, after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Her husband, Harold... made it for her. I have always loved the "country look" of the cabinet, and had admired it for a very long time. A few Summers ago, I hauled it from Montana to Colorado. It rode home with us on top of our Yukon XL. It's a big piece of furniture, and I was not sure what I wanted to do with it, once we got it home... As soon as I started working on my sewing room, I knew immediately, Aunt Rubye's cabinet would be the perfect place to hold all my sewing material. I know she would be thrilled, as she was an avid sewer. =)

Before...

The dark wood door and trim had to go. Such an easy fix with with a few coats of paint.

After...

Lucy (our Basset) loves the new room, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment